TRI-MANIA Summit & Expo Delivers the Best Value in Triathlon with an Unparalleled Experience for Endurance Athletes of All Abilities
Free Admission and Access to the Best in Gear, Information, and Renowned Coaches and Experts, Make TRI-MANIA a “Can’t Miss” Event for Any Athlete
Boston, Mass. – February 24, 2016 – Sun Multisport Events today announced its agenda, speakers, workshops, competitions and A-list exhibitors have come together to make the 13th annual TRI-MANIA Summit and Expo – “the epicenter of all things triathlon” – the most exciting in company history, delivering unparalleled value, access and opportunity to attendees. TRI-MANIA, developed in partnership with the USAT Northeast Regional Council, is the northeast’s premier gathering dedicated to kicking off the new multisport season and takes place Saturday, March 19, 2016 at Boston University’s Fit Rec Center in Boston, MA.
While the cost of gear, a coach, race entries, etc. can add up quickly for any triathlete, TRI-MANIA offers free-to-attend seminars and an expo designed to educate, equip and excite athletes for the coming season. Specifically, attendees of TRI-MANIA can access the following free of charge:
- The keynote presentation, “Finding Your Next Finish Line: Your Best Memories are Ahead of You,” by Mike Reilly, the “Voice of Ironman”;
- Seminar presentations by coaching legend and Training Bible books author, Joe Friel; renowned sports-medicine physician and best-selling author Dr. Jordan Metzl; Total Immersion founder and legendary swim coach, Terry Laughlin; internationally renowned sports nutritionist and author Nancy Clark, and others;
- The Slowtwitch Road Show Pavilion, featuring demos, products and product experts from SRAM, Zipp, Trek, Hoka One One, Cobb Cycling and others. Dan Empfield, founder of Slowtwtich, Quintana Roo, and the F.I.S.T. Tri Bike Fit System will also be on hand and available for Q&A throughout the day;
- The TRI-MANIA expo, with 75+ vendors, including coaches, clubs, event directors, retailers and manufacturers including Garmin, Betty Designs, Rev3, Boston Triathlon Team, Clif Bar, Landry’s Bicycles, Newton Running, Cannondale and others;
- A Virtual Event Bag filled with hundreds of dollars in savings on products, services and entry to some of the region’s most popular races, including Rev3 Quassy, the Boston Triathlon, Cranberry Trifest, Escape the Cape (MA), Pumpkinman Triathlon, Ragnar Relay and others;
- A goodie bag with healthy snacks, product samples and great deals (first 1,000 registered attendees only);
- An entry to win this year’s Grand Prize Giveaway, a RaceQuest Travel 4-day triathlon training camp to Costa Rica worth nearly $3,000 (see registration page for terms and conditions); and
- The buzz of being at TRI-MANIA!!!
For a reasonable fee TRI-MANIA also offers attendees:
- Swim, bike and run competitions for athletes and teams, including the #ItsTheNerve Triathlon and the Team Challenge. Winners of these events will receive thousands of dollars in prizes from sponsors, including Rudy Project, FuelBelt, Muscle Milk, Zoggs USA and others. Commemorative awards will also be offered by the Official Awards Sponsor, Ashworth Awards; and
- In-depth, hands-on workshops with Joe Friel; a Total Immersion swim clinic with founder Terry Laughlin; a ChiRunning class with Master ChiRun instructor, Vince Vaccaro; and more.
“Since it’s inception in 2004, we’ve offered athletes free admission to the TRI-MANIA seminars and expo in the spirit of fueling the passion of triathletes and growing our sport,” said Mark Walter, President, Sun Multisport Events. “We are very fortunate to have the support of the USAT Northeast Council and that of all our sponsors and exhibitors. They not only make TRI-MANIA possible, they make it special and they make it the best value in triathlon. We can’t wait to celebrate the start of the new season on March 19th with 2,000+ athletes, 75+ exhibitors, Mike Reilly and all the speakers, coaches and experts that will make it such a fun and energy-packed day”.
Registration is open and registered attendees receive free access to the expo and seminars, a Virtual Event Bag with hundreds of dollars in savings and exclusive discounts on TRI-MANIA clinics and workshops. Registered attendees also have a chance to win valuable giveaways including the Grand Prize Giveaway, a RaceQuest Travel 4-day triathlon training camp in Costa Rica. As an added bonus, the first 1,000 registered attendees receive a “goodie bag” filled with healthy snacks, product samples, valuable coupons and more. For more information on TRI-MANIA, please see: https://race-mania.com/.
About Sun Multisport Events
TRI-MANIA is produced by the award-winning team at Sun Multisport Events. In addition to TRI-MANIA, Sun Multisport produces a series of endurance events throughout New England ranging from sprint to half-distance triathlons and running events. Sun Multisport won “Best Race Series” and it’s Patriot Half won “Best Small Race” (less than 1,000 athletes) in the 2013 Triathlete’s Choice Awards administered by Triathlon Business International.
TRI-MANIA exhibitor and participant inquiries:
Owner, Sun Multisport Events
TRI-MANIA press inquiries:
President, Mees Consulting