A best-selling author… a Guinness World Record Holder… certified coaches, nutritionists and trainers… and more.
Boston, MA – January 21, 2020 – Sun Multisport Events has announced the initial list of speakers for the 2020 RACE-MANIA Summit & Expo taking place on Sunday, March 15, 2020 at the Boston University Fit Rec Center in Boston, MA. Designed to educate, equip and inspire 2,000+ triathletes, runners, cyclists and swimmers on the eve of a new season, RACE-MANIA features informative and inspirational seminars, clinics and workshops; various competitions; and an expo with 85+ sponsors and exhibitors.
The initial list of speakers confirmed to appear includes:
- Meredith Atwood – the “Swim Bike Mom”, motivational speaker, writer, podcaster, USAT Level 1 and IRONMAN certified coach and author of the best-selling book, “Triathlon for the Every Woman: You can be a Triathlete. Yes. You.” and the recently published, “The Year of No Nonsense: How to Get Over Yourself and On with Your Life“. Meredith will present the seminar, “Running to Nowhere: You are Not Stuck (But It Sure Feels Like It)”.
- Brendan Aylward – owner of Unified Health and Performance and AdaptX, an educational training program for coaches who want to start adaptive fitness programs; Brendan will co-present the seminar, “Making Endurance Sports Accessible to the Adaptive Athlete: How You Can Help”.
- Colin Cook – Owner/head coach of Peak Triathlon Coaching and Peak Recovery and Health Center (Nashua, NH); USA Triathlon and IRONMAN certified coach; Colin will present the seminar, “Recovery: Why You Should Care About It and Why It Will Make You a Better Athlete”.
- Dina Griffin – owner and founder of The Nutrition Mechanic, Board Certified Sport Dietitian, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified Level II Metabolic Efficiency Training Specialist; Dina will present the seminar “Race Nutrition Preparation for the Endurance Athlete” and co-present the workshop, “Fat Burning with Metabollic Efficiency Training: An Alternative to the Keto Diet”.
- Caroline Kavanagh – owner and founder of InsideOut Human Performance, Certified Level II Metabolic Efficiency Training Specialist and Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition; Caroline will co-present the workshop, “Fat Burning with Metabollic Efficiency Training: An Alternative to the Keto Diet”.
- Danielle Kroot – DPT, owner of Starting Line Run Studio (Portland, ME), Level 1 certified with the North American Institute of Manual Therapy; certified coach with USA Triathlon and USA Track & Field; Danielle will present the seminar, “Navigating Pain While Training”.
- Kristen Lamb – IRONMAN and USAT certified coach with Breakthrough Performance Coaching, manager of the BPC Ride Studio (Salem, MA); Kristen will present the workshop, “Making the Jump from Short Course to Long Course Triathlon”.
- Jason Pak – co-owner Achieve Fitness (Somerville, MA), Certified Personal Trainer, Functional Movement Screen Specialist and Certified Kettlebell – Functional Movement Specialist; Jason will co-present the workshop, “Movement and Strength Training for Endurance Athletes”.
- Lauren Pak – co-owner Achieve Fitness (Somerville, MA), Certified Personal Trainer and Functional Movement Screen Specialist; Lauren will co-present the workshop, “Movement and Strength Training for Endurance Athletes”.
- Tony Rich – Founder EventHorizon Endurance, USAT Level II and IRONMAN certified coach, coach of the Masters Swimming for Boston University and Guinness World Record Holder for the fastest Indoor Ironman triathlon; Tony will lead the workshop, “Swimming with Purpose: The Key to Faster Triathlon Swim Times”.
- Kyle Robidoux – Director at the Massachusetts Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired and Manager of United in Stride, ; Kyle will co-present the seminar, “Making Endurance Sports Accessible to the Adaptive Athlete: How You Can Help”.
- Jerry Sancinito – USAT Level 1 and IRONMAN certified coach with Breakthrough Performance Coaching; Jerry will co-present the workshop,”An Introduction to Running with Power”.
- Sue Sotir, PhD (Physical Education) – USAT Level 1 certified coach with Breakthrough Performance Coaching and National Strength and Conditioning Association member; Sue will lead the “Advanced Freestyle Swim Clinic: Maximizing the Speed Equation”.
- Jonathan Steeves – USAT Level 1 certified coach with Breakthrough Performance Coaching; Jonathan will co-present the workshop,”An Introduction to Running with Power”.
- Vince Vaccaro — Master Chi Running®/Chi Walking® Instructor; Vince will lead ChiRunning Level 1 clinics.
Additional speakers to be announced soon including the 2020 RACE-MANIA keynote.
Registration with the All Day Pass offers attendees all day access to all seminars and the expo for just $5 with 25% of that fee donated to the American Cancer Society’s Bicycles Battling Cancer, Official Charitable Partner of RACE-MANIA 2020. All Day Pass registrants can also receive a goodie bag loaded with product samples and exclusive savings and win valuable prizes including the Marathon Sports Ultimate Runner’s Package worth $1,000+. Sign up here.
RACE-MANIA is produced by Sun Multisport Events and Platinum-level sponsors include the Boston Triathlon, Breakthrough Performance Coaching, Marathon Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine, Normatec and Sun Multisport Events. Located at 915 Commonwealth Avenue in Boston, MA, Boston University’s Fit Rec Center provides state-of-the-art facilities for RACE-MANIA, including 25,000+ square feet for the expo, a high-tech theater for presentations, multiple classrooms for clinics and workshops, an indoor track and a world-class pool.
About Sun Multisport Events: Sun Multisport is New England’s premier, award-winning endurance event production company offering a unique set of events that attracts a diverse set of endurance athletes. In addition to the RACE-MANIA Summit and Expo, Sun Multisport produces sprint, olympic and half distance multisport races and “Barn to Run”, New England’s first and only farm-based trail race series. Sun Multisport won “Best Triathlon Series” (2013) and it’s Patriot Half won “Best Small Race” an unprecedented 3x (2018, 2017, 2013) in the Triathlete’s Choice Awards and “Best Triathlon” in the Best of Competitor 2016 (Northeast). Visit the Sun Multiport Events website to learn more.
RACE-MANIA exhibitor and attendee inquiries:
Owner, Sun Multisport Events