March 21, 2019 – Boston, MA – Sun Multisport Events announced the 16th annual RACE-MANIA Summit and Expo is ready to begin a new season for 2,000 endurance athletes this Sunday, March 24th at the Boston University Fit Rec Center in Boston, MA. Designed to educate, equip and inspire, RACE-MANIA features an all-star line-up of 20+ speakers, 25+ seminars and clinics, the Trails in Motion film festival, competitive events, a sold out expo, valuable giveaways and an all-around energizing and exciting day.
Headlining the speaker line-up is 2x US Olympic Marathoner and 2018 Boston Marathon winner, Des Linden, whose keynote will be a Q&A with endurance sports legend and Boston Marathon Race Director, Dave McGillivray. Also appearing is the “Voice of IRONMAN”, Mike Reilly, and renowned cycling coach with Peaks Coaching Group, Hunter Allen. The complete list of speakers includes:
- Becca Pizzi – accomplished marathoner and 2x winner of the World Marathon Challenge
- Bob Fernald – founder, Open H2O Solutions and Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming finisher
- Caroline Kavanagh – Certified Level II Metabolic Efficiency Training Specialist
- Dave McGillivray — founder DMSE Sports, Boston Marathon race director
- Des Linden – 2x US Olympic marathoner, 2018 winner of the Boston Marathon
- Dina Griffin – RDN, CSSD, owner and founder of “The Nutrition Mechanic”
- Dr. Brian Bilchik – founder and director, Lown Sports Cardiovascular Group
- Ed Munafo – Park Tool School Instructor, bike mechanic with Wheelworks
- Hunter Allen – founder, Peaks Coaching Group and author, “Training and Racing with a Power Meter”
- Jennifer O’Donnell Giles – MS, RDN, CSSD and member, US Olympic Committee Dietitian
- Karen Mackin – Elite/Master Coach, Peaks Coaching Group, USA Cycling Coach
- Kristen Lamb – IRONMAN and USAT certified coach, Breakthrough Performance Coaching
- Maddie Walter – Traumatic Brain Injury survivor and motivational speaker
- Meredith Atwood — coach, podcaster and author, “Triathlon for the Every Woman”
- Mike Reilly – the “Voice of IRONMAN” and author, “Mike Reilly: Finding My Voice”
- Nancy Clark — MS, RD CSSD and author, “Nancy Clark’s Sports Nutrition Guidebook”
- Paul Clerici – historian and author, “Boston Marathon History by the Mile
- Peter Russo – SwimSmooth, USMS, USAT and IRONMAN Certified Coach
- Sue Sotir – USAT certified coach, Breakthrough Performance Coaching
- Vince Vaccaro — Master Chi Running®/Chi Walking® Instructor
- Will Kirousis – TriHard Endurance Coaching, USAT and US Cycling certified coach
From classroom style instruction, to professionally coached sessions on form and technique, to talks that motivate to reach beyond one’s comfort zone, attendees have a wide selection of sessions to attend that span the spectrum of endurance sports.
The day’s program also includes Ledlenser Trails in Motion, an annual international film and content showcase that presents a collection of the finest trail and ultra running films available to passionate audiences around the world. The five films that make up Trails in Motion will be shown in the Dance Theater at the BU Fit Rec facility. Tickets can be purchased here.
RACE-MANIA is arguably the best value in endurance sports. All Day Pass admission is currently just $5 (free to those age 21 and under) with 50% donated to the Bicycles Battling Cancer, the Official Charity Partner of this year’s event. The All Day Pass provides all day access to the seminars and expo and other benefits.
Attendees that register online by Saturday, 3/23, at 6pm EST are eligible to win one of two Grand Prize giveaways. Grand prize #1 is the Marathon Sports Ultimate Runner’s package featuring $1,000 worth of gear, apparel and a Marathon Sports gift card. Grand prize #2 is either a 2020 RaceQuest Travel 4-day/5-night Training Camp trip in Costa Rica (value: $2,595) OR a 2020 Challenge Roth race entry and 7-night tour (value: $3,595).
RACE-MANIA is produced by Sun Multisport Events and Platinum-level sponsors include Breakthrough Performance Coaching, ethos, Marathon Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine, Marathon Sports, Max Performance, NormaTec, Peaks Coaching Group, Pilgrimman Triathlon, RaceQuest Travel and WHOOP. Boston University’s Fit Rec Center, located at 915 Commonwealth Avenue in Boston, MA, provides state-of-the-art facilities for RACE-MANIA, including 25,000+ square feet for the expo, a high-tech theater for presentations and Trails in Motion, multiple classrooms for clinics and workshops, an indoor track and a world-class pool.
About Sun Multisport Events (SME)
Sun Multisport Events is New England’s premier, award-winning endurance event production company. SME offers a unique set of events that attracts a diverse set of athletes. In addition to the RACE-MANIA Summit and Expo, SME produces sprint, Olympic and half distance multisport races and “Barn to Run”, New England’s first and only farm-based trail race series. SME has won “Best Triathlon Series” (2013) and it’s Patriot Half has won “Best Small Race” (less than 1,000 athletes) an unprecedented three times (2018, 2017, 2013) in the Triathlete’s Choice Awards as well as “Best Triathlon” in the Best of Competitor (2016). Visit the Sun Multiport Events website to learn more at https://sunmultisportevents.com/
Owner, Sun Multisport Events