Renowned experts and elite runner headline initial list of speakers for the 2017 RACE-MANIA Summit & Expo in Boston on March 26, 2017
Boston, MA – January 18, 2017 – Sun Multisport Events today announced renowned sports medicine physican, author and IronStrength creator Jordan D. Metzl MD; nationally known board certified specialist in sports dietetics Bob Seebohar; and elite American marathoner and ultra marathoner Mike Wardian are part of the initial lineup of endurance-sports speakers scheduled to appear at the RACE-MANIA Summit and Expo (formerly known as TRI-MANIA). RACE-MANIA is developed in partnership with the USAT Northeast Regional Council and is the northeast’s largest gathering dedicated to educating, equipping and inspiring endurance athletes on the eve of a new season. RACE-MANIA takes place Sunday, March 26, 2017 at Boston University’s Fit Rec Center.
Dr. Metzl is a widely renowned sports medicine doctor at Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, the best-selling author of five books including the Workout Prescription, and creator of the IronStrength workout with Runners World that has been featured in the New York Times and performed by more than 12 million runners around the world. At RACE-MANIA Dr. Metzl will present the seminar, “Mastering the Kinetic Chain: Keys to Maximizing Movement and Running Injury-Free” and lead an IronStrength workout session for athletes of all ages and abilities.
Bob Seebohar is a USAT Triathlon Certified Elite Level III and Youth/Junior Certified Coach, a NSCA Certified strength and conditioning specialist and the creator of the Nutrition Periodization and Metabolic Efficiency Nutrition concepts. He’s an author and has been a sport dietician for the US Olympic Committee. RACE-MANIA attendees will have the opportunity to attend Seebohar’s seminar, “Why You Shouldn’t Count Calories” and the workshop, “Metabolic Efficiency Training: Teaching Your Body to Burn More Fat”.
Michael Wardian is an elite runner with a lengthy list of podium finishes at marathons, half-marathons, 50k/100k and 100 mile races and holds the world record for the fastest marathon and 50K on an indoor 200-meter track dressed as Elvis. He has competed 3x in the U.S. Olympic Trials Men’s Marathon and has competed in some of the most difficult races in the world including the Badwater Ultra Marathon (135 Miles in Death Valley, CA in July), the Marathon des Sables (150 miles in the Sahara desert) and the Ultra Trail du Mount Blanc (100 miles across 3 countries with 28,000 feet of vertical assent). Mike will host the workshop,”An Elite Ultra Runner’s Guide to High Performance Racing and Living”.
Confirmed speakers for the 2017 RACE-MANIA Summit & Expo as of January 17, 2017 include:
- Al Lyman, owner/founder of Pursuit Fitness, LLC and Pursuit Athletic Performance, LLC
- Bob Seebohar, MS, RD, CSSD,CSCS, METS II
- Brad Cox, CEU and founder of ACUMOBILITY
- Carolanne Caron, USA Swimming Certified Coach, American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Level 2 Certified Coach, Certified Stroke Technician, Head Coach at Winning Swimming
- Danielle Adler PT, DPT, Certified DN, NAIOMT Level 1 Certified, founder of RunFitDoc
- Debbie Livingston, elite ultra runner and coach
- Elaine Vescio, USA Triathlon and IRONMAN Certified Coach
- Jeff Godin PhD, CSCS and Head of Fitness Instruction, Spartan Racing
- Joe DiStefano, first Global Master Instructor, Spartan Racing
- Jordan D. Metzl MD, renowned sports medicine physician, author and creator of the Ironstrength workout
- Matt Miller, President, Base Performance
- Mike Wardian, elite marathoner and ultra marathoner
- Shane Eversfield, founder of Zendurance Cycling, certified Total Immersion swim instructor
- Stephanie Allen PT, DPT, OCS, Boston Physical Therapy & Wellness
- Vince Vaccaro, Master ChiRunning and ChiWalking Instructor
- Will Kirousis, USA Triathlon & USA Cycling Certified Coach, CSCS, CSN
Additional RACE-MANIA speakers including the 2017 keynote speaker will be announced soon.
In addition to seminars, clinics and workshops that utilize the Boston University Fit Rec Center’s presentation space, world-class pool and indoor track, RACE-MANIA offers attendees competitive events, an expo with 80+ vendors and a chance to win giveaways worth thousands of dollars including the Grand Prize, a 5-night/4-day RaceQuest Travel Training Camp trip to Costa Rica. General event registration and registration for all clinics and workshops is now open. Visit www.RACE-MANIA.com for additional details.
RACE-MANIA is produced by the award-winning team at Sun Multisport Events. In addition to RACE-MANIA, Sun Multisport produces a series of endurance events throughout New England ranging from sprint to half-distance triathlons and running events. Sun Multisport won “Best Race Series” and it’s Patriot Half won “Best Small Race” (less than 1,000 athletes) in the 2013 Triathlete’s Choice Awards administered by Triathlon Business International.
RACE-MANIA exhibitor and participant inquiries:
Owner, Sun Multisport Events