Hunter Allen and Meredith Atwood headline initial speaker line-up at the 2019 RACE-MANIA Summit and Expo
Boston, MA – January 8, 2018 – Sun Multisport Events has announced the initial list of speakers for the 2019 RACE-MANIA Summit & Expo taking place on Sunday, March 24, 2019 at the Boston University Fit Rec Center in Boston, MA. Designed to educate, equip and inspire 2,000+ triathletes, runners, cyclists and swimmers on the eve of a new season, RACE-MANIA features informative and inspirational seminars, clinics and workshops; various competitions; and an expo with 85+ sponsors and exhibitors.
The initial list of speakers confirmed to appear includes:
Hunter Allen – Widely known as one of the top experts in the world in coaching endurance athletes using power meters, Hunter Allen is a legendary cycling coach, co-author of “Training and Racing with a Power Meter” and “Cutting-Edge Cycling”, co-developer of TrainingPeaks’ WKO+ software, and founder of Peaks Coaching Group. Hunter is a USA Cycling Level 1 coach, was the 2008 BMX technical coach for the Beijing Olympics and has taught the USA Cycling Power Certification Course since 2005. A former professional cyclist on the Navigators Team, Hunter has been coaching endurance athletes since 1995, and his athletes have achieved more than 2000 victories and numerous national, world championship titles and Olympic Medals. Hunter is known as the “Coaches Coach” and frequently has coaches from around the world consulting with him to learn more about the latest in cycling and triathlon training principles. At RACE-MANIA, Hunter will lead the workshop, “Advances in Power Training” and present a seminar.
- Meredith Atwood — the “Swim Bike Mom”, motivational speaker, writer, podcaster, USA Triathlon and Ironman certified coach and founder of Tri*Fe. Meredith will present the seminar, “The Year of No Nonsense… Changing One Thing, Changes Everything”.
- Bob Fernald – founder of OpenH2O Solutions, world class open water ultramarathon swimmer and completer of the “Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming”. Bob will present the seminar, “Keys to Safer and Straighter Open Water Swimming”.
- Dina Griffin — owner and founder of The Nutrition Mechanic, Board Certified Sport Dietitian, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified Level II Metabolic Efficiency Training Specialist. Dina will co-present the workshop, “Fat Burning with Metabollic Efficiency Training”.
- Caroline Kavanagh — owner and founder of InsideOut Human Performance, Certified Level II Metabolic Efficiency Training Specialist and Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition. Caroline will co-present the workshop, “Fat Burning with Metabollic Efficiency Training”.
- Will Kirousis — founder of Tri-Hard Endurance Coaching, USA Triathlon and USA Cycling Certified Coach, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Certified Sports Nutritionist. Will present the seminar, “Smart Strength Training to Reduce Injuries & Increase Performance”.
- Kristen Lamb — Ironman and USAT certified coach with Breakthrough Performance Coaching, (BPC), 6x Ironman finisher and manager of the BPC Ride Studio (Salem, MA). Kristen will present the workshop, “Making the Jump from Short Course to Long Course Triathlon”.
- Peter Russo – founder, Russo Racing, with coaching certifications from SwimSmooth, US Masters Swimming (Level 2), USA Triathlon (Level 1), Training Peaks (Level 2) and Ironman. Peter will lead Swim Smooth clinics in the BU Pool.
- Sue Sotir — Breakthrough Performance Coaching coach with a PhD in Physical Education, USA Triathlon certified coach, National Strength and Conditioning Association member. Sue will lead swim clinics, “Advanced Freestyle: Maximizing the Speed Equation”, in the BU Pool.
- Vince Vaccaro — Master Chi Running®/Chi Walking® Instructor. Vince will lead Level 1 and Level 2 ChiRunning clinics on the BU Fit Rec indoor track.
Additional speakers will be announced over the next month including the 2019 RACE-MANIA keynote.
Registration with the All Day Pass offers attendees all day access to all seminars and the expo for just $5 with 50% of that fee donated to the American Cancer Society’s Bicycles Battling Cancer, Official Charitable Partner of RACE-MANIA 2019. All Day Pass registrants can also receive a goodie bag loaded with product samples and exclusive savings and win valuable prizes including one of two Grand Prizes — the Marathon Sports Ultimate Runner’s Package or or the choice of one of two RaceQuest Travel packages. Click the button below or sign up here.
RACE-MANIA is produced by Sun Multisport Events and Platinum-level sponsors include Breakthrough Performance Coaching, Marathon Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine, Marathon Sports, Peaks Cycling Group and RaceQuest Travel. Located at 915 Commonwealth Avenue in Boston, MA, Boston University’s Fit Rec Center provides state-of-the-art facilities for RACE-MANIA, including 25,000+ square feet for the expo, a high-tech theater for presentations, multiple classrooms for clinics and workshops, an indoor track and a world-class pool.
About Sun Multisport Events (SME): SME is New England’s premier, award-winning endurance event production company. SME offers a unique set of events that attracts a diverse set of endurance athletes. In addition to the RACE-MANIA Summit and Expo, SME produces sprint, olympic and half distance multisport races and “Barn to Run”, New England’s first and only farm-based trail race series. SME won “Best Triathlon Series” (2013) and it’s Patriot Half won “Best Small Race” (2017, 2013) in the Triathlete’s Choice Awards and “Best Triathlon” in the Best of Competitor 2016 (Northeast). Visit the Sun Multiport Events website.
RACE-MANIA exhibitor and attendee inquiries:
Owner, Sun Multisport Events