A “supercoach”, a Navy SEAL, elite athletes, industry legends and more to educate and inspire on 3/25/18 in Boston
Boston, MA – January 26, 2018 – Sun Multisport Events has released it’s near final list of speakers for the 2018 RACE-MANIA Summit & Expo taking place on Sunday, March 25, 2018 at the Boston University Fit Rec Center in Boston, MA. Designed to educate, equip and inspire 2,000+ triathletes, runners, cyclists and swimmers on the eve of a new season, RACE-MANIA features informative and inspirational seminars, clinics and workshops; various competitive events; and an expo with 85+ sponsors and exhibitors.
Speakers include author and Runner’s World magazine “supercoach” Dr. Bill Pierce on “Smart Training for the Long Run”; Navy SEAL James Olson and Ironman World Champion Karen Smyers together on a panel on mental toughness; endurance sports legend and Boston Marathon Race Director Dave McGillivray presenting “Defining Moments”; professional mountain-ultra-trail runner Patrick Caron on “How to Prepare for Your First Ultra”; and 2008 Olympic swim coach and World Open Water Swimming Association Board Member, Chris Morgan, sharing his thoughts on new training strategies, equipment and race techniques for open water swimming. The complete list of 2018 RACE-MANIA 2018 speakers confirmed to date includes:
Meredith Atwood — the “Swim Bike Mom”, motivational speaker, writer, podcaster, USA Triathlon and Ironman certified coach and founder of Tri*Fe
- Carolanne Caron – founder, Winning Swimming, and Certified Stroke Technician, with coaching certifications from USA Swimming and the American Swimming Coaches Association
- Patrick Caron — professional mountain-ultra-trail runner for Salomon and founding member and coach for the Boston Bulldogs Running Club
- Nancy Clark — Registered Dietician, Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics, best-selling author of Nancy Clark’s Sports Nutrition Guidebook
- Colin Cook — head coach at Peak Triathlon Coaching, USA Triathlon and Ironman certified coach, 12x Ironman finisher, President of Northeast Multisport Triathlon Club
- Dave McGillivray — founder DMSE Sports, Boston Marathon race director, philanthropist, motivational speaker, endurance sports legend
- Chris Morgan — Head Coach Crimson Aquatics, World Open Water Swimming Association Board Member, 2008 Olympics Swim coach
- Amanda Nurse — founder, Wellness in Motion Boston’s Yoga for Athletes program, and an Olympic Trials Marathon runner
- Ian Nurse, D.C. – founder, Wellness in Motion Boston, and chiropractor for the John Hancock Invited Elite Runners of the Boston Marathon
- James Olson, Navy SEAL
- Dr. Bill Pierce — Director of the Furman Institute of Running & Scientific Training, author of Runner’s World Run Less, Run Faster and Runner’s World magazine “supercoach”
- Peter Russo – founder, Russo Racing, with coaching certifications from SwimSmooth, US Masters Swimming (Level 2), USA Triathlon (Level 1), Training Peaks (Level 2) and Ironman.
- Karen Smyers — Ironman World Champion, 3x ITU Triathlon World Champion and USA Triathlon Hall of Fame inductee
- Sue Sotir, Breakthrough Performance Coaching coach with a PhD in Physical Education, USA Triathlon Level certified coach and member, National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Vince Vaccaro — Master Chi Running®/Chi Walking® Instructor
RACE-MANIA is produced by the award-winning team at Sun Multisport Events and Platinum-level sponsors include Baby Rhino Multisport, Breakthrough Performance Coaching, Marathon Sports, Marathon Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine, Max Performance, MMRF Team for Cures, Normatec and ROKA, Official Wetsuit of RACE-MANIA 2018. The Official Charity Partner of this year’s event is the American Cancer Society.
In addition to RACE-MANIA, Sun Multisport produces a New England-based multisport and trail running series. Sun Multisport was awarded “Best Triathlon Race Series” and it’s Patriot Half won “Best Small Race” (less than 1,000 athletes) in the 2013 Triathlete’s Choice Awards and is a finalist for the same award for 2017. The Patriot Half also won “Best Triathlon” in the 2016 Best of Competitor awards.
RACE-MANIA exhibitor and attendee inquiries:
Owner, Sun Multisport Events