Become a faster, stronger and smarter runner and reduce your risk of injury at RACE-MANIA
The RACE-MANIA Summit & Expo is dedicated to helping endurance athletes prepare for the new season and takes place Sunday, March 26, 2017, at the Boston University Fit Rec Center in Boston, MA. Event programming is related to running, cycling and swimming — or doing all three together in triathlon! If your main focus is becoming a faster, stronger and injury-free runner, this page is for you with all running related programming listed below.
RACE-MANIA is a full day of informative seminars, clinics and workshops led by an all-star line-up of speakers headlined by elite runner, 2x Olympian and American record-holder RYAN HALL who will be interviewed by Dave McGillivray, Race Director of the Boston Marathon. Other speakers include Mike Wardian (record-breaking winner, 2017 World Marathon Challenge), Dr. Jordan Metzl (renowned sports medicine physician) and others. RACE-MANIA also includes a vendor expo with 80+ exhibitors, competitive events and more!
REGISTER for the RACE-MANIA All-Day Pass and you’ll have complete access to all seminars (9am-4:30pm) and the expo (10am-5pm). You’ll also receive a promo code to SAVE $10 on clinics & workshops requiring a fee to attend and be eligible to win valuable prizes including the Grand Prize, a RaceQuest Travel training camp trip to Costa Rica! Click here to see everything that comes with the All Day Pass.
Running related seminars at RACE-MANIA (free to attend with the All Day Pass) include:
- Mastering the Kinetic Chain: Keys to Maximizing Movement and Running Injury-Free by DR. JORDAN METZL, renowned sports medicine physician, best-selling author and creator of the Ironstrength workout (11:10am-11:40am)
- From Zero to Hero: How You Can Master Running for Triathlons by MARK ALLEN, 6x Ironman World Champion and one of the greatest triathletes of all time (11:40am-12:10pm)
- KEYNOTE: Ryan Hall: Then and Now a Q&A moderated by Dave McGillivray, Race Director for the Boston Marathon; Ryan is a 2x Olympian for Team USA and holds the American record for fastest half marathon and fastest Boston Marathon (12:50pm-1:35pm)
- The Whys, Wheres and Hows of the World Marathon Challenge a panel discussion featuring past Mike Wardian (2017 WMC Winner), Ryan Hall (2017 WMC finisher) and Becca Pizzi (first American woman to finish the WMC) moderated by Dave McGillivray
- Trail Running Primer: How to Navigate Technical Terrain More Quickly, Easily and Safely by AL LYMAN, head coach Pursuit Athletic Fitness, and DEBBIE LIVINGSTON, elite ultra runner and coach (2:00pm-2:30pm)
- Long Distance Racing Hydration and Sodium Intake by MATT MILLER, President Base Performance (2:30pm-3:00pm)
Running related clinics, workshops and workouts (free to attend with the All Day Pass, but requiring separate registration because seating is limited; click the title below to register) include:
- An Elite Ultra Runner’s Guide to High Performance Racing and Living (with Mike Wardian)
- Feet First: Improve Your Performance with Active Mobilization of Calves and Feet
- Ironstrength Workout (with Dr. Jordan Metzl)
- Race for Good Clinic presented by Race Guards
- The Boston Marathon: Tapering Tips with BPC, Q&A with RD, Dave McGillivray
- The Marathon Physical Therapy Fitness and Wellness Studio with a variety of classes and assessments including Performance Begins in the Pelvis, Functional Movement Screens, Video Running Gait Screens, Pain/Injury Consultations and Functional Cross Training for Endurance Athletes
Running related clinics & workshops requiring an additional fee are listed below. SAVE $10 any or all of them when you register for the All Day Pass.
- ChiRunning: ChiRunning combines the inner focus and flow of Tai Chi with the power and energy of running to create a revolutionary running form and philosophy that takes the pounding, pain and potential damage out of the sport of running. Click here to register.
- Strength and Conditioning Fundamentals for Runners and Triathletes: This clinic is geared towards runners and triathletes to teach them the benefits of strength training and how easy it can be to fit it into your training. This is an interactive session designed to teach athletes proper lifting techniques and how to appropriately program it into their routine. Attendees will also learn how to calculate important data regarding their cadence and its seamless integration into their runs. Click here to register.