Become a faster, more confident and comfortable cyclist at RACE-MANIA
The RACE-MANIA Summit & Expo is dedicated to helping endurance athletes prepare for the new season and takes place Sunday, March 26, 2017, at the Boston University Fit Rec Center in Boston, MA. Event programming is related to cycling, running and swimming — or doing all three together in a triathlon! If your main focus is becoming a faster, more confident and comfortable cyclist when riding in a Gran Fondo, a charity ride or a triathlon, this page is for you. See below for all cycling related programming offered at RACE-MANIA.
RACE-MANIA is a full day of informative seminars, clinics and workshops led by an all-star line-up of speakers headlined by elite runner, 2x Olympian and American record-holder Ryan Hall who will be interviewed by Dave McGillivray, Race Director of the Boston Marathon. Other speakers include Richard Fries, Executive Director of MassBike, Dean Phillips of Fit Werx – Rider First Bike Fitting, Dr. Jordan Metzl, renowned sports medicine physician, Bob Seebohar acclaimed sports dietician and others. RACE-MANIA also includes a vendor expo with 80+ exhibitors, competitive events and more!
REGISTER for the RACE-MANIA All-Day Pass and you’ll have complete access to all seminars (9am-4:30pm) and the expo (10am-5pm). You’ll also receive a promo code to SAVE $10 on clinics & workshops requiring a fee to attend and be eligible to win valuable prizes including the Grand Prize, a RaceQuest Travel training camp trip to Costa Rica! Click here to see everything that comes with the All Day Pass.
Cycling related seminars at RACE-MANIA (free to attend with the All Day Pass) include:
- Group Riding: Faster, Safer & Smarter Cycling – A World Champion’s Perspective: Presented by DEAN PHILLIPS, 2012 MA State Master’s Road Champion and co-owner of Fit Werx – Rider First Bike Fitting. Rider Matched Bike Sales, attendees will learn tips on how to be a more confident group and paceline rider. Whether you are a charity event or gran fondo rider looking to increase your speed or an age group triathlete aiming to compete in a draft-legal race, knowing how to ride in a group safely, intelligently and with confidence is your key to success and speed (9:40am-10:10am)
- Bike maintenance clinics presented by Landry’s Bicycles from the Landry’s booth on the RACE-MANIA expo floor include Bike Maintenance Clinic – Keep Your Bike Riding Smoothly and Safely (10:30am), Travel Care for Your Bike – Tri-Bike Specific (12:15pm) and Bike Maintenance 2.0 – Beyond the Flat Fix (2:15pm). In addition, Landry’s will be offering hand-on How to Fix a Flat clinics “on demand” throughout the day.
Cycling related clinics, workshops and workouts (free to attend with the All Day Pass, but requiring separate registration because seating is limited) include:
- Tri Bike Fit 101: In this workshop led by Ian Buchanan, founder of Fit Werx, Rider First Bike Fitting, Rider Matched Bike Sales, Ian will discuss bike fit variables that affect all types of riding and then drill deeper on how and why an aerobar specific triathlon position is unique and how to achieve and develop a good aero position (12:00pm-1:00pm). Click here to register.
- Road Rage and Your Group Ride: What is Safe, Courteous and Legal: Many believe bike advocacy is limited to cities, but increasingly suburban and rural communities have been the scenes of hostility, aggression and even violence between bicyclists and motorists. The group ride, when poorly led, is often the source of road rage, questionable enforcement, angry media comments and even public policy against bikes. Most of these situations can be avoided with some simple group ride leadership techniques developed and honed by European clubs. Attend this session by MassBike Executive Director, former pro rider and cycling enthusiast Richard Fries to learn how effective these techniques can be.
Cycling related clinics & workshops requiring an additional fee are listed below. SAVE $10 any or all of them when you register for the All Day Pass.
- Yoga and Mobility for a Better Triathlon Bike Fit: This workshop will focus on flexibility and strength to get comfortable in an aerodynamic triathlon bike position and is led by triathlete and yoga instructor Steve Matava. (9:30am-10:30am). Click here to register.
And if an early season test of your cycling fitness is what you are looking for register for the FastSplits Indoor Bike Time Trial! Athletes in this competitive event will affix their bikes to CompuTrainers for a simulated experience of riding on the road… you’ll freewheel on the downhill and feel the tension increase as you climb the hills that make up the 10k course. The TT takes place on the RACE-MANIA expo floor . Prizes will be awarded to the fastest 3 males and 3 females. Click here for heat times and to register.